Chemical peels make use of acid to lift away the upper most layers of the skin, leaving fresh, soft, new skin behind.
Benefits of Chemical peels:
- reduce fine lines & wrinkling
- reduce uneven pigmentation
- improve oily skin
- aid in the control of acne
- smooth & hydrate rough dry skin
- improve dullness
- improve the texture & tone of the skin
- reduce pore size
- reduce acne scars
- lift sun damage
- increase radiance and glow
Various products are used, including glycolic, salicylic, lactic, and trichloroacetic acid depending on the results required.
Chemical peels usually result in the skin becoming dry and flaky, before it peels. The depth of a peel and the down time can be varied by your therapist or doctor.