Fraxel® is a non-invasive laser therapy used to ‘fractionally’ resurface the skin and address many forms of ageing. Fraxel® technology uses thousands of microscopic laser columns to treat a fraction of the skin (about 20%) at a time without affecting the surrounding tissue. These laser columns stimulate the production of younger, smoother, healthier skin to replace damaged tissue.
Most of us wish we could slow down the effects ageing has on our looks – and maybe even get a few years back in the process. With over a decade of treatments, Fraxel ® has proven to get real results and can help reverse the visible effects of ageing. With Fraxel® change isn’t drastic or scary – it’s you, just younger.
Fraxel® is effective on:
- Fine lines and wrinkles – like crow’s feet and brow lines
- Surface scarring – erasing effects of acne and other scarring
- Pigmentation – minimizing the appearance of age spots
- Melasma (Hormonal pigmentation)
- Sun damage – helping heal dangerous skin damage
- Actinic Keratosis (AK) – a common pre-cancerous skin condition
The skin may appear ‘bronzed’ and red for a few days but makeup can be applied.
The number of treatments necessary will vary from patient to patient depending on how much collagen remodelling is needed but generally 3-5 treatments spaced over 3-6 month period is required.